Families can find navigating support for poverty as frustrating as poverty itself. It adds pressure, stress and challenges that can deter people from seeking services all together.
Practitioners working with these families can have tight constraints to the support they can offer which can feel draining and demoralizing.
Family-Centered Coaching (FCC) was designed a as holistic approach to address these collective problems. It is a set of strategies, tools, and resources designed to strengthen the way human service providers engage with families and community partners. Organizations that have received training in FCC report a greater, more positive impact in their work with families.
FCC supports participants in setting and achieving their own goals. It empowers human service providers and families.
Key Elements of FCC
- Center on Family: Coaches use FCC to bring the strength, motivation, and support of family into the coaching conversation.
- Integrate Case Management: FCC integrates case management into a fluid practice of service that centers on a coaching mindset.
- Bakes in Equity: FCC recognizes that equity is integral to the process of coaching as well as a necessary outcome to work towards.
Benefits of the Program
- Enhanced Staff Skills and Knowledge: The FCC training will equip your staff with advanced skills and a deeper understanding of family-centered approaches and coaching skills, enhancing their ability to support and empower families.
- Improved Service Delivery: By integrating FCC into your programs, your organization can offer more holistic and responsive services that address the complex and interconnected needs of children and families, leading to better outcomes.
- Increased Organizational Capacity: The training and subsequent support in establishing a CoP will build internal capacity for continuous learning and improvement, fostering a culture of innovation and adaptability.
- Community Impact: By strengthening families and building community through FCC, your organization can contribute to broader social change, positively impacting community well-being and resilience.